Wednesday, October 12, 2005

In which we find Wednesday

Hard to believe it's Wednesday already. Having a Monday off sure throws your week into a tailspin. So in the randomness of the week, we have some random things to post on.

* Today is the day we turned the heat on. I feel like we should hold some sort of ceremony, marking the latest day we've EVER turned the heat on in the almost 9 years we've been turning our own heat on. I feel this is quite an accomplishment. If it wasn't so damned damp and rainy, we might've made it a bit longer, but the damp was just sinking into my bones. It's amazing what a little heat will do for your attitude.

* Today also marks the day I noticed the text color feature. My spell checker doesn't work still (I think that's a Firefox issue) but now I can add cool colors to my post. Doesn't take much to amuse me. You should see what I can do with a ball of string and some sticks.

* Today is the first day in a long, long time I haven't had a headache. Yesterday's was so bad I thought about coming home from school and going to bed. One of those "please someone just kill me" kinds that got worse and worse as the day went on. It hung on right up until I went to bed, and thankfully sleeping seemed to make it better. I have a theory that stress and fluorescent lights are contributing to this problem, and therefore it's going to make for a long year.

* Today I made a remarkable discovery. I bought 2 shirts, to wear with my flannel pants to bed, or just lounging around the house. They are both the same exact shirt, 2 different colors. I washed them, dried them (together) and was astonished by what I found. One shrunk more than the other. I bought a bigger size, knowing full well they'd shrink and not wanting to be bothered with hanging them. What I don't understand is what caused one color to shrink more than the other. The world may never know.

No comments: