Saturday, October 01, 2005

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish

Well, yes, I missed Friday. Again. I didn't miss it entirely. I did wear jeans to school (along with a tee-shirt and a heavy sweater.. brrr) and we did have family movie night.. I just didn't blog. I was too tired. Ya'll understand right? So I figured I'd muse a bit about some things I've seen lately, haven't seen or don't want to see to make amends.

1. Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I loved the books.. I couldn't wait to see the movie, but I was slightly worried. How were they going to pull this off? Was it going to suck? Would it be better than the first movie, or a sad disappointment? Well.. after waiting and waiting (I didn't want to buy it until I saw it, just in case) we were finally able to rent it last night. It'll be on my dvd shelf next weekend. I LOVED IT. I laughed and laughed and laughed. So obviously it's a movie, and not as good as the book. But it was still good, and I think even the kids will like it. Marvin is my favorite. I love that a droid can be depressed.


2.The Red Sox Game today against the Yankees. Apparently, the gods are effing with me. For several months now, Fox hasn't come in on my tv. It's a lovely snow-static show that is on 24-7, and provides a soothing background noise if you need that type of thing. But it's not what you always wanted.. when what you want is to watch the Sox kick some Yankee arse. Ok, so they lost. That's a moot point. Turns out, that some station out of Vermont is messing with the signal. Ok, fine. But other cable companies in the area have started pulling Fox from elsewhere. Granted, they don't get local Fox (and therefore I don't think they get the Sox either).. but at least they TRIED DAMMIT, which is more than I can say for my backwoods cable company. We get our internet through them, which is the the only reason I haven't dumped their sorry arses for Direct TV.

3. Lost. Someone please explain to me wtf the point of this show is? The boat crashed, they got stranded... someone tell Ginger and Gilligan to save them and let's move on. I don't get it. I figured it would be a season long deal..and at the end of the season they would be found and we'd get a new show. No such luck. And no, if you didn't pick up on it.. I don't watch this show.

4. My morning weather guy. After years of clicking on the tv to find out what to wear (I don't stay up late enough to watch the late news)...I found out on Friday that my weather guy was doing his last morning forecast. He's moving on to a job that will let him watch prime time tv and sleep past, oh 3:30am (the nerve right?) and I will have to deal with a new weather person, who I am sure won't be as good. So long Chris, and good luck!

5. Fever Pitch. This was a funny arse movie..but if you aren't a Red Sox fan, I don't think you'd like it so much. There was a lot of BoSox humor throughout the movie, and references to stuff that wouldn't make sense unless you knew wtf they were getting at. Being a BoSox fan, I loved it. Even the boy enjoyed it and we both had a good laugh over it. I could even forgive Drew Barymore for being in it.. it was that good.

No comments: