Friday, August 05, 2005

And now, a word from our sponsor

Today is Friday. Friday is a good day. Friday means I don't have to cook dinner (although sometimes I do in the summer) and beers at 5:30. Today is the 4th day in a row where I've gotten a good night's sleep, but for some reason I am tired. The kind of tired that smacks you up the side of the head and tells you to slow down.

So my tired self and I have a little chat about no heavy housework, and how sweeping the floors is OK, but cleaning the upstairs is not, and I agreed and decided to spend the 12:30-1:30 hour when it's too damn hot outside to paint loafing off on the computer.

Except my email is down. And while my backwoods cable company has webmail.. the only site I can find for it is the Maine version. Doesn't do me a lick of good. So I do a little clicking, and find that Laurie has a new post (waves, Hi Laurie, glad you're ok...don't pimp the kitties), and Carly was a peach and didn't tag me again (smoochies, don't melt over there in this heat)...

And then I procured up some more thoughtful insight into painting when they are calling for possible thunderstorms in the next hour and lightning and high wind and all kinds of summer storm fun. And it was good stuff.. the kind of stuff you don't care if your mom reads about (if nuns read blogs..I'm just sayin)...

When it happened. And suddenly, not only did I not have email... my internet was broken. No mail, no yarn searches, no dreaming of ways to spend money I don't have...

Nothing. I have been cut off. I feel that the computer god's are out to get me. I mean, my Mac broke THREE times in less than 3 months. Three times. And while I kept pushing the "somethin' ain't right here" issue.. I was repeatedly assured it was all good. It wasn't.. and I now communicate with you via a Windows powered laptop. The only things it has going for it, is the right click feature. I don't get why Mac users don't right click. And the screen is big. Real Big. That and I can drag it out to the porch, or the backyard and possibly upstairs to my bed (although I haven't tried that out yet..but it might come in handy this winter if I get sick)... and clicky clicky remotely.

I tried to offer up my first born to the powers that compute...but I mean..he's a pre-teen. I can't even give him away. The forces that be laughed in my face. But yet, what's this..... two new emails. And my internet is back.

So, um...yah. I'm off to do stuff. Read the news and umm... check the weather. And I most certainly won't be scouring the web for cheap yarn. No no no.

(whistles)

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

well shit.. I finally get some comments on my blog, after all these months..and it's spam?!?!?!