Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Room with a View

This is the view from my driveway. I pay my town an extra bit of money for this lovely view. They call it, a "view tax" (c'mon..could I make this stuff up?) If I sit just right on my couch and it's the right time of year, I can see the mountain from my family room. There are currently two trees in my neighbors yard blocking my from having this view from anywhere in that side of my house.

Enter Ned Flanders. You'll remember that Ned Flanders is the neighbor from the Simpson's. Across the way from my house there is the last remnants of the old Muster Field, which was where our whole street is and the town's militia used to march and parade etc. Slowly it was sold off until this one little plot was left. The American Legion of our town owned it.. and sadly last year they felt the desire to sell it to a Congregational church in our town to build a parsonage.

Did I mention it's a small lot? And did I mention that the church used to own a house on the other side off town and sold it cuz it was too old and big and needed too much work? And now, they've poured the foundation and plan to have that house finished by the end of the month.

The new minister looks just like Ned Flanders. I kid you not. In fact, my neighbor across the street has taken to calling him Ned behind his back. It's rather humorous. Because this house is going up, my neighbor can no longer park his truck in what is now the edge of Ned's land. And his little driveway is only big enough for one car. So he was telling me how he's cutting down this tree (blocking my good view) to make his driveway wider. And I told him how he should cut down that little one that is now on the property line and let me have a great view.

AND HE SAID YES! Woohoo. If I were him, I'd drop a big fence across the entire property line on that side. Ned's going to be a little close for comfort. But if it gets me a better view (being I pay for it anyhow).. then bring it on baby. And who knows, he might be a very good guy.

No comments: