Sunday, December 17, 2006

Crazy is as Crazy does...

It's been a bit of a crazy weekend. In a weird sort of way, the weekend seems to be the harbinger of the week ahead. The last week before vacation is always a bit nutty. And the kids know their time is short, and it only adds to the craziness. On top of school craziness... we have family craziness. My favorite sister-in-law got engaged to a wonderful man last night and I couldn't be more happy for her. And on Wednesday another one of my sister-in-laws will give birth to my first nephew. Welcome to the holiday season.



We spent today at The Boy's grandmothers house and that was hard. His grandmother lives with her sister and they are both old and ailing. There was talk of "well if we are still alive next year" and that is always hard. His family is quite a mix of interesting people and I'm glad the day is over quite honestly.

On a sadder note, I received a Christmas card from my grandparents yesterday. My grandmother used to do the cards and isn't able to anymore... so for the past few years my grandfather has done them. This year, my card wasn't signed and that simple thing almost broke my heart.

No comments: