Saturday, December 23, 2006

They Kick You When You're Down


or.. How Could This Week Possibly Get Any Worse

If you come to my blog for my witty humor and clever writing (HAHA), I apologize for the lack of cheerfulness as of late. If you come here seeking knitting content, then fret not, I am still knitting (I need to do something or I might have to either a. revert back to smoking *and even after almost 6 years the temptation is still there on occasion* or b. start drinking more).. I just have no finished objects to share at the moment. I will have one tomorrow though and I promise I'll share.

You might remember yesterday that I mentioned a bit of dilemma about Christmas Eve. We've had quite a few discussions with various family members and had decided after all that it would be good for everyone for the family to gather tomorrow and the kids to be there, and for us to try and have a bit of "normal."

Tonight my sister in law called (not the same one... the baby* who's also my favorite*)and told us that The Boy's grandmother had been rushed to the hospital and was having emergency surgery as we spoke. Something about a blocked something or another .. I think she said Femoral Artery but honest to God, I really don't know. Millie is 89 years old, and just last Sunday she was talking about how she might not make it to her 90th birthday party in September. I hate that she is having emergency surgery tonight with that frame of mind that she's been in lately about how her days are numbered. Needless to say, our family Christmas Eve gathering has been called off so that my MIL and FIL can go down and be with her at the hospital.

The Boy and his sister both pointed out that we could never just have one crisis going on at a time. It is always 2 or 3.. more than we can possibly deal with at a time. And it's true. The Boy was quick to add that we have issues on my side of the family to add to the mix this year and it could get real ugly around here real quick. I don't think I have the strength to get through more than this, so I hope they are both wrong. And I hope that this is the last day for a while that I come here in a sad, somber mood (although there will be one day next week.. sorry in advance).

3 comments:

Meghan said...

Beth, so sorry to hear this.
Please keep us updated!

Lissa Ballard said...

Oh Beth, I'm so sorry for your entire family. This has got to be overwhelmning emotionally. I'm asking for some relief, some hope, and an added dose of faith for you to hold on to.

Big hugs for all of you.

Lis

Kim -today's creative blog said...

Poor Beth. You have certainly had your share of saddness, stress and just plain bad luck.
The only upside is at least you have a few days off so you don't have to pretend everything is ok during work. Keep us posted.