1. If you can't be honest with me.. keep your damn mouth shut. I don't want to hear stupid excuses about how you feel like crap. If you felt so crappy you would be home, not at your sisters house doing what you could to help with her. You can leave her for one afternoon to come to your nephew's last family birthday party. And if you're going to call and give me some lame arse excuse, use your cell, not her phone. I have caller I.D. and it will bust you every time.
2. If you're not going to bother to come, pick up the damn phone and call me. Don't leave me wondering if you are late. Or lost. Or off a ditch somewhere on the side of the road. I know you have a phone. Use it.
3. If you are going to turn around because the roads are icy, that's all I need to hear. I don't want some lame arse excuse about people who have no business going up hills and you can't do this "today." Today is your grandson's last birthday party. Today he needed you to pull yourselves together for a few hours, and support him. Would tomorrow have been better? Or would the sun have been too bright?
4. Don't call my house whining about things that you think we "should" be doing. We are doing what we can. We are doing what we need to be doing. We are doing what is best for OUR children. We are adults and can make our own decisions. Cut the strings.. it's long past time.
5. I might not be in the best frame of mind to be blogging. Perhaps I have no business putting this venom out for the whole world to see. But you know what, sometimes it just consumes you and you have to get it out there.