Friday, December 22, 2006

The Week That Kicked My Arse

Eye Candy Friday is supposed to be about showcasing fabulous photos. However, I'm not feeling fabulous nor festive. So I looked through recent photos that I've taken and not shared, and found this. I took this photo on Uncle Christmas. My brother gave The Boy this bottle of Scotch for Christmas this year. To the best of my knowledge, neither my brother nor The Boy drink Scotch, which just made it hysterically funny. And, it made for a nice photo, IMHO.

Today was the last day of school before winter break. Those of you who have been following my blog realize that this has been an extremely difficult year for me. There have been days when I didn't think I'd make it through to today. Days that have been so filled with anxiety and stress that my head seems to be in a constant state of "headachey". Days where the student I am working with has been so unsafe I've had to worry not only about my own safety but the safety of others and let me tell you that makes for a long hard day. Due to all this we've shortened his day by an hour and 45 minutes and if we have to, we'll suspend him completely. To say that I've been under a lot of stress would be the understatement of the year.


We are on vacation now however, and don't' go back to school until January 3rd. January 3rd was my Nana's birthday, and we've never gone 2 days past New Years so I feel this is a bit of a sign. As you probably have gathered this was a rather horrific week outside of school as well. Everyone is trudging along the best that they can, and each person's best is different from everyone else's. I'm faced with a difficult situation involving Christmas Eve. We normally go to my In-laws around lunch and stay for the afternoon then come back home for church. This year I have to weigh heavily my MIL's state of being... and determine if I can subject my kids to that atmosphere on Christmas Eve. Being a parent is never easy.

I learned today that there is a single cell membrane in the womb. Sometimes it dislodges and wraps around a babies arm or leg. This cuts off the blood flow and normally they would have to amputate the appendage after birth. Unfortunately this membrane wrapped around Max's umbilical cord, and in the end caused his death. There is no pain for the mother, and no way to prevent it. It was one of those freak things that unfortunately can happen, and did. The "why" we will never know, and can only move forward and get through this the best we are able. Thank you all for your good wishes and prayers.

1 comment:

@wesome@bby said...

This very same thing happened to a family in my dad's church while I was pg with Anna. I worried extra every day because of it. They lost their baby, too. :(