Friday, January 26, 2007

Baby It's Cold Outside!

My son tells me that Friday is his favorite day of the week. He gets to go to bed knowing that he doesn't have to get up the next morning and go to school. He gets to come home and play the computer (we have a no computer M-Th unless it's for homework rule, but he does get 30-45 mins on the game systems with his dad and sister during the week before bed). I never used to have a favorite day of the week. I would previously have said.. Saturday. No work, no getting up the next day... chance to be home with the family.. blah blah blah. My new favorite day is Friday. Friday signifies the end. The end of the week. The end of the busy schedules. The end of the craziness that is every work day. The end of the stress, and headaches, and high anxiety.

Today also brings the end of an awful week. Awful isn't even strong enough of a word, but in the spirit of not ranting, it's the best I have. Today brought the end of my student's school day at 10:40 am, and the start of his suspension from school. He has been suspended for at least a week, and we will have a large meeting on Friday morning to figure out where to go from here, and if/when he will be able to come back. This week also brought the half-way mark of the school year (not that anyone is counting) and I think I'm going to have some ice cream tonight to celebrate. Who says eating ice cream at 11:00pm is bad for you?


It's currently freezing at my house. I took these photos this morning before school. They are the windows on my porch, coated in frost for the first time this winter. It has warmed up to minus 2.. which is quite an improvement over the rest of the day. It was 2005 the last time we had temps this cold. I can't say that I'm a fan of the cold.. and January and February are my least favorite months. January is almost over, and it hasn't been cold much, which is a blessing in my book. Stay warm!

1 comment:

@wesome@bby said...

You weren't the only one who had an awful-that's-not-strong-enough-word week, and here's to it being over, my friend! :)

Me and Mr. Man have that in common, then, because Fridays are my favorite days as well, and really always have been. There are two things that bring a sigh of contentment to my lips each and every time...1 is that first drink of ice-cold Mello Yellow I take first thing in the a.m. (which I haven't had in two weeks, but who's counting?) and the second is turning off the alarm clock on Friday morning. Ahhhh, yes! Pure contentment! :)