Sunday, February 11, 2007

And It's Hard At The End of The Day

I promised you photos of a lovely, green knitted hat. I am sad to report that the aforementioned hat was too large, and as of this moment it's being re-knit with less cast on stitches. I struggled for a few days with getting a better yarn... but all and all... it's a good hat with the specified yarn. I will eventually knit another hat, with a warmer and better yarn... and it will be a different hat. But this one is going to be knit with Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick N Quick, and it will be fine. As soon as I finish re-knitting it. (no one better mention that this will be the third time I've knit this same yarn into a hat)

Do you watch Grey's Anatomy? Holy Crap!!! I hate cliff hangers, and I hate that this episode is going to last over at least 3 weeks. I'm not the worlds most patient person, and I don't like to wait to find out how the story ends. If you haven't heard, you can read the Grey's writer blog here. I love to read what the writers have to say after their episodes air. Not a lot to read about this one (as it's not over yet)... but it's a good read none the less. Don't read the comments though... there's a million of them and no one can ever agree on anything.



I learned some things last night doing my taxes.. the most important of which was that no matter how organized you are (and ya'll know I'm the most organized person on the planet next to Martha)... it's not good enough for Uncle Sam. The Boy started a side gig this year so that he could continue to do work for the company he used to work for (they realized they had a good thing with him and would never find someone to take his place on the cheap.. so he charges them lower than they would pay somewhere else and takes care of their computer)... and it's turned into a giant tax headache for me. Needless to say, I won't be getting my truck anytime soon. (want to have a look at it? Click here. I'm eying a dark blue one) I'm over the anger/disappointment/flipping out part of it all.. and today I went to Staples to get myself better organized for next year. With any luck we won't get audited, that's always my worst fear.

10 more glorious school days until winter break. I have no idea what the next 10 days will bring... but I'm trying not to stress about them now. They are stressful enough on their own. My next house (hahahaha, they are going to engrave that on my tomb) is going to have an old fashioned claw-foot tub. And I will take many long, hot baths. I figure by then I'll deserve them.

No comments: