Saturday, February 17, 2007

Sometimes The Day Can Be So Long

Ever have one of those days, where you wake up and from the moment your eyes open you just feel rotten and grouchy? One of those days where no matter what anyone says it makes you snappy and irritable? One of those days where everything pisses you off? One of those days where you wish you could snap out of it, but just can't seem to manage?

I had one of those days today. On my favorite Saturday that is supposed to be relaxing and enjoyable. I was so ugly today that I swore in front of my children.. more than once. They had one of those heart breaking "mom is in one of THOSE MOODS" look on their faces and tomorrow I will have to apologize for being so horrible.


The worst part of days like today, other than feeling so terrible for being so ugly and rotten... is that The Boy takes note of the mood.. and seems to egg it on. Feed the monster so to speak. And then when he apologizes for it, I'm not gracious enough to accept it. Because he Keeps. On. Doing. It. (deep breath)

But the day is over. The kids are long in bed. The house is quiet except for the hum of my laptop and the X-Box. (well, except for the fact that my dog just woke up and howled a weird howl for no apparent reason) The ugly monster seems to have gone back to the depths of my being. And tomorrow is a new day.

No comments: