Monday, December 22, 2008

In Which We Find A List

Franklin wrote a lovely list on his blog about things he finds pleasant in winter, and I was inspired to come up with my own list of things I find pleasant in winter, because there must be a few right?

1. Warm and cozy sweaters. The thicker and warmer the better. They have to be soft however. As I age I am developing some sensory issues and find that I am drawn to soft clothes near my skin.




2. The way the sun glistens off the snow after a big storm.

3. Birds hopping about my bird feeders, especially during a snow. I don't know what it is about a snow that brings them out, but they come in droves. I love the birds, and in winter I can enjoy them more because the leaves are all gone.

4. The way snow makes everything pretty again. It erases the dark, dreary landscape and turns it into a masterpiece of ice and shimmer and beauty.

5. Hot beverages. I drink hot beverages year round, but they really hit the spot in the winter when it's cold.

Aren't my cats cute? Bailey ALWAYS sleeps curled up, and Sophie MOSTLY always sleeps sprawled out. I couldn't resist taking this photo of them today. I love that they are such good friends.

1 comment:

ktb38 said...

I love love love that photo! ::dies of cuteness::