1. Knitting. Knitting is very therapeutic, especially when you knit small things that work up quickly. I have made (since Christmas).. a headband for myself for when my hair's up, a little hat for my niece (who will be born on the 21st) and one bootee. I will finish that second bootee tomorrow, and work on finishing the baby sweater that I've also been working on. I needed some small projects that weren't that sweater. I have a slew of other projects planned including a few more sweaters, a blanket or two and a bunny. Yes, I am planning on spoiling this baby, why do you ask?
2. Shopping. Today I went out with Ms. Thang (for moral support) and bought a new black skirt, a red sweater and black heels. After my brother called yesterday to tell me that Grandma had taken a turn for the worse, I went up and had a look at my clothes. Somehow I have managed to lose 10lbs since the start of the school year, and my skirts were all too big. On top of that, I don't own a decent black skirt anymore and haven't for a few years. Shopping for an intended purpose is much more difficult that shopping just because you need some new stuff, or for fun. I found a pretty pale green sweater that was too ribbed and fit funny, but when I first held it up Ms. Thang said, "I thought you were supposed to wear dark colors to a funeral, I think that is too bright." I was thinking the color would help balance the black, bring a bit of cherry to the sadness. I'm sorry that it fit so poorly, because it was one of my favorite shades, but she thought the dark red was a much better choice. She is very smart.
3. Cried. I don't expect my Grandma to still be with us by the end of the week and even though she hasn't been doing well since the start of the school year, and I knew this was coming, I'm still finding it very hard. I find it interesting that I didn't shed a tear about it until I went for my run yesterday. For some reason as I started out down the street, the tears just started to fall. I thought at first maybe it was from the wind, but that wasn't the case. It didn't last long enough to make me feel better which was probably good so that I could see where the heck I was going. I really just want to crawl into a hole somewhere and bawl.. but it's not happening.
4. Fought the urge to pack up my holiday stuff and put it away. I love my Christmas things. I love how homey my house feels and enjoy the decorations and lights and really just all of it. This week however I keep having the urge to just pack it all up and put it away. I don't know why this is.. because I always keep my stuff up until at least new years. The Boy's sister and her new husband are coming over on Sunday, and Ms. Thang thinks that we should keep our decorations up until after their visit. I want to scream "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO," but agreed because really, Christmas isn't over until the 6th.
5. Thought about what I want do in the next year. What kind of things I want to continue, and what kind of things I want to do away with (PTO anyone?). There are some things that I'm not spending enough time doing, and some things that I'm spending too much time doing. Most of the time I have a pretty good handle on it all, but I think there is room for improvement. There are some things in the house that I'm really wanting to work on, along with the yard. I did however decide not to do away with the guest room until after we've painted the last 2 bedrooms upstairs. Neither of those are on my short term list, but I think within the next 2 years.
I'm ready to be done with this year.. bring on 2009.