Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Poor Kid

So last week Ms. Thang didn't feel so hot. Her nose was runny, she was sneezy and on Thursday her throat started to hurt. We looked at it (and by we I mean The Boy did) and she had post nasal drip and it was red and irritated but that was it. Friday it hurt and she felt lousy and Saturday I could hear that her throat hurt. She had the "my throat kills" sound to her voice, and she couldn't really eat. I had The Boy look in the morning, and it was a little swollen and red, and by dinner when she couldn't swallow I had him look again. He looked in and blurted out, "Oh My God!" (headsmackhere) I asked to see, and he said I didn't need his flashlight to just have a look.

My babies tonsils were so swollen you couldn't see the dangly thing in the back of her throat. We decided she need to get to the Dr. NOW and The Boy took her to the ER. They were in and out in 15 minutes. The doctor didn't even do a strep swab.. he felt her swollen glands, looked down her throat and said, "Well, we don't even need to test this one! She's got strep, here's a prescription lets not waste anyone's time." What a trouper she is. Today I looked down her throat, and for the first time it's starting to look better. It's still red and swollen, but compared to Saturday she's come a long way.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Oh no! poor baby! :-(

sounds like it got bad really fast! yikes!

Hope she's doing better...?