Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Weather Outside is Frightful....

Out in my corner of the world, we are in the throes of a rather nasty ice storm. It started this morning as rain, and around 5am the temperature started falling and the rain started freezing. It has continued to do so all day. We've got a good half inch of ice coating the land, and a long night ahead of us.

To say that I am not secretly hoping for a snow day tomorrow would get me kicked off of Santa's nice list, but seriously, I'm a little worried. They are talking about long term power outages, at least through the weekend, which would kick my arse in the getting ready for Uncle Christmas department. Oh, and because we had to remove our old, rusted wood stove (it came with our house, if you read old blog posts you can not only see photos of it but read posts about it) we would have no heat. We all know how I feel about that.

So I'm blogging to let you know that if you don't hear from me for a while, I'll be hunkered down in some blankets knitting. If you're so inclined... think good thoughts for a power filled snow day. I really need a day off.

No comments: