Wednesday, June 29, 2011
As I type this...we are on a train headed to bring our son to MIT. On your birthday. I would've complained. I would've grumbled about how this was the second time in a week that we had to make this trip, and what a lousy way it was to spend my birthday. You scoped out where to have dinner while we wait for the 4 hour class to get over so we can take him back to your parents house. When I realized I forgot my memory stick for the camera in my laptop, I was thinking about how dumb I was and how I would miss out on photos from today. I was thinking about how I keep on doing this, and it's my own fault that I'm not going to have any photos of our adventures, or his first day of class at college. You informed me we would just buy a new card at North Station. That is the difference between you and I. I stress or worry or get upset. You shrug it off and go with the flow. You don't get upset, or angry often, and nothing much seems to phase you. You are the polar opposite of me. I think this is why our relationship has survived for so many years. You balance my crazy. You make me strive to be a better person. To not get so worked up about things. I love you. Happy birthday.
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Junction. It starts in late June, and runs through early August. It involves a 2 hour class beginning at 5pm Monday-Thursday, followed by dinner 3x a week, and then a week long seminar after and ends at 9pm. He had to write an essay and fill out an application, and when he told me about it, I nonchalantly replied with an offhand, "Yup, that's great".
Monday, June 27, 2011
Sunday, June 26, 2011
16. The smile on my daughter's face as she reached over and received her Middle School diploma.
17. Technology that lets me stay in touch with my husband when he's traveling for work.
18. Teenagers who still want to spend time with mom, even though their friends might not think it's cool.
19. When the one you love comes home after being away.
20. Starting to feel just a bit better after a week of being sick.
21. A quiet morning to putter about, and glimpse's of the sun.. promising to come out and dry the land.
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
posted about a yarn dyer who was creating a limited edition colorway in order to raise money for SHARE, in honor of a long time customer who's infant son Charlie had passed away. Having lost my nephew Max, this was something that hit close to my heart, and my wonderful Husband bought me two skeins of the special release colorway for Valentine's Day. I have used it to knit baby hats that are being donated to the local hospital. I thought it was a fitting tribute to use yarn that was raising money for families who have lost infants or pregnancies, to benefit babies.
Sunday, June 19, 2011
9. The gracious way Corey accepted a hard decision that wasn't made in his favor, and then admitted that he was sad and disappointed about it.
10. Neal is always flexible; he will go out of his way to run a simple errand after working all day, without complaining. If I call him after he's done with one more thing I forgot, he will graciously turn around and go back. No questions. No grumblings.
11.Warm sunny weather, and a chance to work out in the garden after school.
12. Running into friends at the supermarket. It makes doing a not-so-pleasant chore that much better.
13. Warm and yummy oatmeal muffins and coffee on a grey and dreary morning.
14.That he has saved Every. Single. Thing. they have ever given him, from unidentifiable craft projects, to scribbled pictures from when they were 2. If it says "To Dad" or they handed it to him and said, "This is for you", he has it saved in a box.
Friday, June 17, 2011
Monday, June 13, 2011
2. Heartfelt "I'm Sorry"'s after a long day of grumbling and unhappiness.
3. Two brave and wonderful children who are not afraid to ask for help when it's needed.
4. My job, when so many people in our school district have been laid off these past few weeks.
5. Warm sun on a day that was forecast to be cold and miserable.
6. A new co-worker who is graciously sharing gifts of plants from her garden to help mine to grow.
7. Warm, cozy socks and soft fleece pants at the end of a long and tiring day.
Saturday, June 11, 2011
Thursday, June 09, 2011
Wednesday, June 08, 2011
here. Last year I decided to move my herb garden back there. The herb garden used to be in the front of the house, but over the past 10 years, the black walnut tree has grown much bigger and it's a lost shadier there than when I first planted it. I dug up my chives, and oregano, and then started over from scratch with new sage and thyme and some annual herbs. The plants loved being by the fence, as it gets a ton of sun for most of the day.
Tuesday, June 07, 2011
|Before: I had to clear all that junk out just to work.|
Sunday, June 05, 2011
Saturday, June 04, 2011
|Ashley took this photo of a rock she decorated in my garden|