Thursday, October 25, 2012

Finding My Way Back... A Pity Party

I miss coffee. I hate that because of this stupid headache disorder I can't drink it anymore. Not even a cup here and there. Not even decaf. Not ever. Every once in a while I will take The Boy's™ cup, hold it in my hands and take the biggest whiff, and just remember what it tasted like. He thinks that must be torture. I think maybe he might be right, but herbal tea, while a nice substitute for something hot to drink, just doesn't cut it.

I miss running. I have no excuse for why I haven't been running, except for laziness on my part. I am having a hard time getting out of bed at 5am right now. It's cold, and it's dark, and I've been staying up way too late lately. When the alarm goes off, the last thing I want to do is get up and go out and run. On top of that, a lot of days my head hurts right off the bat. My appointment with the doctor isn't until November. Afternoons lately have been nuts, and the ones that aren't, I've been tired or my head hurts. Really, no good reasons not to be running. I am really feeling the effects of not getting out the door and I don't like it.

I miss bread. More specifically, I miss making homemade bread. This winter I'm going to be trying to make homemade gluten free bread. I already know it won't be the same and I'm prepared for that. I also miss the ease of going out to eat, or planning a trip and not having to spend hours hunting down places to eat. What a hastle.


No comments: