Thursday, October 04, 2012

Finding My Way Back... Unsubscribing

The amount of email that I get in a day is astounding. I have started to pay attention, and have noticed that I seem to get daily emails from the same places. I can't understand why these places need to send out emails every single day. The sad part, is that in all of those emails, very few are from actual people that I want to reply to. Some are daily devotional mails that I have subscribed to. Some are from blogs that I follow. Some are spam. Most are from websites I have purchased items from, wanting me to come back and spend more money. Who has time for all of that?

Yesterday, I started unsubscribing to emails that I no longer want to receive in my box. It's a pretty safe bet, that if I want to go and shop from a website, I don't need an email from them to do so. A few of them I will keep, as they contain discount codes to online sites of stores I shop at regularly, but overall, it's been a click-here kind of party going on over in my in box. Who needs to be bogged down with all of that mail? Who has the time to go through it all, to either read it, or delete it? Not to mention the fact that if I download it on my phone, I have to delete it off of there as well. Not me. I'm sure, not you either.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

im too scared to even begin to sort out the emails!! good for you. lovely to find you via the 31 project...i will follow along to keep in touch . jane xxx