Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Final Lap

We are entering the final stretch of February. There are 3 more days until the start of March, and I couldn't be happier. It's been a bit of a weird winter. We've had mostly mild weather. 40 and 50 degree temps in a New England winter are not normal. If the sun shined a bit more, and it warmed up about 10 more degrees, I could enjoy winter a lot more. But this is NH. We get snow. And cold.

Old Man winter remembered all this today. A storm blew in this morning, as as of right now we have a good half a foot and it's still snowing at a pretty good clip. While I love the pretty look of snow, I don't like to shovel it, and frankly by now, I'm tired of it. My friend Abby posted daffodil's on her blog yesterday. I would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous. Just as our spring bulbs get ready to bloom every year, we get a late snow that is wet and heavy and crushes all the buds.


But, the snow brought along with it some nasty cold temperatures, so it was a good day to stay inside and knit. After I got back from doing errands (just in time for the snow to start I might add) I did some chores and had lunch. Flipping through the channels trying to find the news, which wasn't on at noon come to discover, I found Fiddler on the Roof on TV. Score! I haven't seen this movie in a good 10 plus years, and it is one of my favorites. I settled down with the sweater and my daughter and we had an afternoon of it. It's amazing to me to watch that now as an adult. A lot of the political and religious undertones went right over my head as a child, and I've seen that movie a good dozen times before now.

Ms. Thang enjoyed it and I got one sleeve finished and a bit of the other started. After a bit of Harry Potter tonight the second sleeve is finished and I'm ready for tomorrow's finishing work. My wrists are sore and I'm not up for it tonight. That little bit of yarn left looks like more than it is, and it's sure not enough for a hood. Overall I'm thrilled to death so far with how it's coming along, although I think I should've made a smaller size.

1 comment:

@wesome@bby said...

If it's any consolation, I'm just as jealous of your half-foot of snow as you are of my daffodils. (Though just one good snow would be enough for me, not months constant of the stuff!)

LOVE the sweater, and I think the size is OK, because most things we expectant mommies get are newborn sizes, so something new in a larger size would be appreciated...at least in my h.o. :)