Saturday, April 15, 2006

Happy Easter

I was sitting in church tonight, the night of the Easter Vigil, and my priest was talking about how spring is a period of re-birth. (Our priest is an elderly man, who reminds me a grandfather. He's been doing this priest thing a long time, and he's a little on the blunt and "real" side. He tells it how it is, even if it's a little shocking to hear in a church, or coming from a priest. We're going to loose him to restructuring and our church isn't going to be the same without him. Anyhow, back to the re-birth. ) He went on to talk about daffodil's, and buds on trees, and how everywhere you look the land is being reborn, and that is why we celebrate Easter in the spring.

It's no secret to the few of you who read my blog that I love spring. For this same reason. I love watching the buds bloom open on the tree outside my window, and the plants push their way out of the ground and grow towards the warm sun. I love the smell of warm sun and lilacs and enjoy the mundane tasks that come along with spring, such as washing windows and raking. I feel like I'm cleaning away winter and making room for spring.

Spring always makes me feel re-born. I feel like a new person in the spring. After I shake off the winter doldrums and come out of hibernation, it's like a whole new me emerges. Kind of like a butterfly coming out of a cocoon. It's taking a little bit longer this year, but I feel some emotional turmoil going on inside, and I think that has something to do with it. It was warm enough today to open windows, and the fresh air smell still lingers a bit in the house. I shut the heat off in the upstairs, and put away the boots. I can't decide if I'm jumping the gun or not, but I can always reverse these actions.

Anyhow, I'm rambling. I really wanted to wish you all a happy Easter. However you celebrate, or why... enjoy the day. Spend some time with the people you love. Drink in the fresh air and stop to notice the changes that are taking place around you. Have some chocolate, your inner-self will thank you.

No comments: