Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Vacation.. have to get awayyyyyyyy

Ahhhh, spring break. Nothing like a whole glorious week off from work.

Unless of course it rains, a lot, and while this is fine and dandy and all, you wanted to finish raking your yard. (*side note, I did get several hours in after lunch today before it started to rain, again.).

And unless of course your stupid knee, which has been a pain in your arse since HS and has been causing you all manners of grief these past few months, has an issue that leaves you sitting with it up most of Monday. Thankfully today it's much better, but that depends on your definition of better. The boy doesn't consider it better. I consider that I can walk normally again without too much of a limp better. So I'll settle.. it's back to being its usual pain in the arse self.

And unless of course the sock that you have been knitting in slow bits and pieces since March, has a bad arse pattern (PDF) that goes along with it, and the directions are near impossible to wrap your brain around. I was doing fine until I got to the gusset. And then I had to beg help of the best knitters in the world. While I love how the sock is coming out, it's frustrating. I was feeling burnt out on knitting for other people..and vowed I wouldn't knit a thing until I had knit myself something. This is the second time I've had to ask for help. That doesn't impress me. Socks are pretty basic things. And no, they aren't going to be pink. I have a lovely blue/white/green yarn that reminds me of spring showers.

All in all, it's been a pretty frustrating few days. I did get my spring cleaning started yesterday, though with the bad knee, I only managed one small room. Better than nothing though. And I did crack open my bag of Jelly Belly's. My MIL knows how much I love them, and buys me a bag every year for Easter. I think they made a neat photo against the dark color of my desk.

1 comment:

Carly said...

oooh. I like to eat two cherry + a chocolate pudding


or just handfuls of the peach ones

yummy