Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Hazy, Hot, and Random....

It's 90 degrees out and on it's way to near 100. Which wouldn't be so terrible, except that the relative humidity is 53% and the dew point is 71 degrees. What that means in plain English.. is that it's steamy out there. It's not the heat that kills you, it's the humidity. I wasn't surprised to hear that they've declared an air quality alert. I could tell as soon as I got up this morning that the air was bad. Thick, heavy, particle laden air never used to have a bad affect on me, until a few years ago. I like to kid that I breathed much better when I was a smoker, except no one but me thinks that is funny.


My list of things to do today isn't getting any shorter. I can't mow the lawn, due not only to the weather, but the lawn mower broke while I was mowing last week. Brand new mower, only had it since early May..and I'm lucky I wasn't seriously injured. Sears says we can either a. send it off to be repaired or b. bring it in and exchange it for a new one. Hmmm, that's a touch choice. Needless to say, I need to let it burn off the last of the gas and just haven't gotten around to it. Maybe tonight. I am making good progress on the spring cleaning. Last week the pantry and "cold room" (it's cold as anything in there in the winter) got cleaned and yesterday I did the dining room. It took longer than I expected, due to the fact that my village was still celebrating Christmas. I'm going to do my front room today, and try and ignore the fact that Ms.Thang's bedroom furniture is smack in the middle of the room.. impeding my ability to get it painted this summer. Our neighbor got one request to do floors right before ours (he does it on the side) and it's a whole house that's been renovated to sell.. and it could be a month he said. (sigh)

In the meantime, my gardens are flourishing (I'll post photos later) and the kids are enjoying their vacation. Mr. Man has a friend sleeping over tonight and I was soing to take us out to a ballgame, but they are calling for storms later so we'll see how it goes. Stay Cool!!

No comments: