Saturday, January 21, 2006

Go Team!


Ok, So Stephanie, had a moment of weakness and came up with this crazy idea to have a Knitting Olympics. The idea is to cast on a project during the opening ceremonies, and be finished by the time the closing ceremonies end. 16 days the Olympics last for. She figured, foolishly, that a few people would sign up.

We are up to almost 800. 800 crazy knitters from all over the globe who will be trying for a personal best in 16 days. Some will knit lace for the first time, some will do their first sock. I will be creating a baby sweater for my friend who is due on St. Patrick's Day. It's one of Steph's patterns, Daisy, and I will be using TLC Cotton Plus in the Kiwi color (green for St. Patty's and it's a boy). The challenge for me is to actually finish something in 16 days. I don't have loads of time to work on stuff, so this will be a tough one. I am confident that I can do it! Just need to finish one more baby sweater before the games begin.

1 comment:

@wesome@bby said...

What a fun idea! I can't wait to see it!!!!! Good luck...I know you can do it!