Sunday, January 15, 2006

It's a Wee Bit Frosty...

This was the view out my front door today. The storm door on the other side was covered in frost, and when I looked out the top glass pane, this is all I could see. There is a gate on the other side of that frost, and some hedges.

It's a shock to go from near 50 to minus 10 with the windchill. It was a bitter cold day. We got a good half foot of snow, but the bottom layer is about an inch of ice pellets. And the rest is just fluffy stuff that whips around in the wind and stings your face. Walking to church wasn't fun, and neither was shoveling that mess. If it wasn't for the fact that the boy has to work tomorrow, and it's supposed to be just as windy, I might've considered leaving it all there.

It was a good day for... bumming around and doing nothing. It was actually a great day to curl up under a blanket and knit, but my wrist has been bothering me lately, and I want to save my knitting time for watching the 2 hr premiere of 24 tonight. So instead I did mundane stuff, like laundry, and uploading pictures from the end of the year to be developed, and catching up on email. I got some other projects I had been putting off finished.. nothing too exciting.

Tomorrow we have the day off. I plan on cleaning my kitchen and bathrooms, and then doing a whole lot more of nothing. It's too cold to go out and walk. It's been pretty dreary also, but so far the winter blah's have been at bay this year. I am trying to fight them off, and so far it's going well, but February is fast approaching and that is my worst month. I think I'll go count how many days there are until Spring.

1 comment:

@wesome@bby said...

how's the job going now that you are back to school, doing something different? i hope it is less stressful for you. enjoy your day off...we'll make it through february. i always tell my kids...make a paperclip chain. :)