Friday, October 06, 2006

End of the Week Letters...

Dear Readers,
My grandmother was an amazing women. She was raised in Italy, and came to America with her mother as a lovely young girl. She married a hard, headstrong Italian man, also from Italy and raised my mother to be a fine young adult. Then tragically her life was cut short. She developed breast cancer and died when my mom was 19. I never had the chance to meet her, but I'm sure we would've gotten along lovely. If she had lived in this day and age, I'm sure that her outcome might have been different. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. A cause that is near and dear to my heart. Several people that I love have had scares, and the Boy's grandmother also suffered from breast cancer, although that wasn't what caused her death. Do self exams, every month. If you are of the right age, have a mammogram. If you are at an increased risk, push for an early baseline exam. Be informed. Help underprivileged women be tested. If you are able, donate to a good cause. Let's fight this, and win.
Love, B


Dear Family,
I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now. In case you haven't noticed, I have a lot going on at the moment and I'm not home much. I know that ya'll are having fun, but I need help. I can't do it all. I'm trying my hardest to keep up my responsibilities, but I don't feel like everyone else is. At least not all the time. I don't want to walk into your bedroom and find your nightlight still on when it's 4:00pm. I don't want to trip over the shoes that everyone seems so fond of leaving in the middle of their floors. Why is putting shoes away so hard? Or how about putting your pajamas and other things that might be stuffed in them into your hamper instead of leaving them in the spot you were standing when you took them off? And how hard is it to put your hair stuff BACK into the basket you have just for that purpose? When I come home, and start unpacking my school bag, I don't want to put my stuff down in crumbs from your breakfast. Or water that you spilled on the counter and didn't wipe up. Help me out here. I am not a maid. I hate cleaning up after other people. You are all fully capable of cleaning up after yourselves. On the off chance that it may have slipped your notice.. I'm having kind of a crappy year at school. And it's only October. Yes I am grouchy. I am trying hard not to be, but some days that is harder than others. Don't grouch back. Don't give me lip or talk back or make snarky comments under your breath. Realize that my day sucked and I'm not home much and coming home to a mess that could've easily been cleaned up isn't helping. Work with me.
Love, mom

Dear Morons at the Newspaper,
The only reason that I subscribe to your rag is to have something to start my fire with... and I enjoy the comics. Other than that, I can easily get the same news your report from my local news station at my convenience. Your carriers don't always have my paper here on time. Sometimes my paper shows up soaked, despite that it's left on an enclosed porch. Other times I'm missing ad's . My overall happiness with your organization.. not real high. When I have a bill to send you, and it's been there for a week and a half in my bill box.. and you send me a nasty postcard saying that if I don't pay up you'll revert back to carrier collection of funds.. don't send it AFTER THE DATE YOU WANT THE MONEY. Umm.. WTF?! Where is the logic in that?? I'm seriously wondering if you deserve the $40 I plunk down every 3 months. I'm sure I could easily find something better to do with that cash. Get a clue!
Signed, one unhappy customer

1 comment:

Carly said...

gahhhhhhhh

we need to be roommates. we'll find something halfway between

hang in there. it seems to be a full moon

I missed the first rehearsal of the season for choir last night because a certain SOMEONE can't tell time

;-(