Wolfie tagged me, and I'm supposed to tell you 7 things about myself. So, here goes:
1. This is my 500th blogger post. I find it slightly hard to believe I've had 500 thing to say.. but those of you who know me well will probably roll your eyes and think "HA! She never shuts up." OK, moving on.
2. I didn't start drinking alcohol until about 2 years ago. We were at my MIL's house for Christmas Eve, and my BIL asked me if I wanted a beer, like he always does, and I surprised everyone and said yes. It was a Corona (which is my fav beer, but I drink light, and also Sam Adams on occasion and Bud Light if need be) with lime, and either my taste buds had matured or my standards had fallen. but I enjoyed it very much. I can't drink more than 3 however, as I am a lightweight.
3. I have 4 younger brothers and 3 stepsisters. My dad remarried about 5.5 years ago and I've never met my stepsisters. My stepmother is a nice lady.. but she is a little .. how do you say.. passionate about some things. She doesn't understand why my father has such a poor relationship with all his children, and it bothers her that she can't fix that.
4. I loved being at home with my kids when they were little..when they both were in school all day I was more than happy to go back to work. I love the adult interaction of a job and feeling like I have done something worthwhile at the end of the day. (none of you SAHM's better take that the wrong way because I didn't mean anything by it). Even by the end of summer vacation I am happy to go back to school. I have usually done all the things I wanted to do, and have enjoyed being home and lazy.. and have had enough of all of it.
5. I started out my life as a lefty. I went to Catholic School when I was in pre-K until 3rd grade, and back in those days nuns didn't like you to be left handed. So I was forced to become a righty. If you were caught writing with your left hand the nuns would rake your fingers with a ruler. My son is a lefty and I am happy things have changed.
6. I would rather drink water than anything else. Once a week my kids have me drink milk with dinner... but given the choice out of all beverages.. water is my number one pick. We have a Britta Filter that I keep in the fridge that produces lovely water and is always chilled. Perfect for hot summer days.
7. I have been able to put 95% of my past behind me. I have discovered that dwelling on the the past is no more productive than worrying about the future. I have changed, and my life has changed.. and I find that I am happy. And that is all that I ever wanted.