Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Project 1- Day 3

These photos probably look very similar to yesterday's photos. They aren't.. click on each days photos to see the bigger version and you will be able to see the difference. I spent the afternoon spraying hot water and scrapping wallpaper backing off of the walls. The Boy took the car in for an alignment and tire rotation this morning.. and didn't get back until 3pm. See, he's chums with the mechanic and they work on a barter system. Today when he took the car in the shop was in need of some computer work. Turns out that the whole computer was bad and needed replacing and what not. Worked out for us in the end, as our work today was free, as will our inspection this summer. Love it.


Anyhow, the backing came off with much less trouble then the paper yesterday. After spraying around the first outlet, I head that annoying PSNH lady who comes to our school in my brain hollering about how water and electricity don't mix. When The Boy got home I asked him to kill the power and he helped me finish up. While I swept up the mess he sanded the walls smooth. They actually aren't in terrible shape. We might be able to salvage them after all.

Tomorrow my brother S is coming to visit. He's on vacation this week too. Our plans were to tape and begin the patch work on the drywall. Drywall mud always reminds me of gritty frosting. Anyhow, S offered to help out, so we'll see how much we actually get done as I don't want to spend our whole visit doing renovations. The kids were supposed to be at my in laws house these past few days having a sleepover, but my MIL is sick with that crud Mr. Man had a few weeks ago.. so this afternoon I let Ms. Thang have her bff over, and Mr. Man has his bff sleeping over Friday night. It's been a busy week, but it's nice to be home.

No comments: