Friday, November 11, 2005
Five things I love about You
1. The things you find photo-worthy. Like these little birds that were hanging out under my bird feeders one day. They aren't anything spectacular, their color is pretty drab.. yet you got it in your head that the group of them on the ground was worth a shot. I see them every day, and I'm not sure I would've taken the picture. I snap the bright red cardinal's that visit, and the little yellow birds, and other bright birds that I don't normally see. You on the other hand, have a whole different perspective on things. Now that you have your own camera, I enjoy going through the files and seeing the world through your eyes. You've become quite a good photographer. I wonder why for years I had a hard time getting you to take photos with my camera.. but I see now that digital was obviously better for you.
2. The way you gather me close, when I feel like I am going to shatter into a million different pieces, and hold me tight until I can stand on my own two feet again. No one in my life has ever made me feel as safe and loved as you do.
3. How sometimes I look up, and find you looking at me, and when I ask you "What?" you say, "Nothing, I was just looking at you." And it's not what you say, but the look that is on your face when I catch you watching me. I can't quite place my finger on it, but it's a wonderful look.
4. How even if you have a million other things you want to do, when the kids ask you to play a game, or if they can read a chapter of their book to you, or any other various thing.. you don't give them an excuse why you can't, you do it. You are a wonderful dad and our kids are lucky to have you.
5. The million other things that you do, out of the kindness of your heart that I take for granted every single day. Like pour me coffee, even if I don't drink but 3 sips of it before it gets cold, and then bring me a fresh cup. Or put up with me when I'm bitchy, and not be grouchy back. And all the other things that I never think to thank you for. I'm sorry for that. I appreciate you more than you'll ever know. I love you.