Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Stop the train.....

"When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you "


This song hits a cord so deep that I could adopt it as my current theme song. Work is kicking my arse this year. It's gotten so chaotic and overwhelming, that I can't look past the current day. I can't think about the meeting next week, or a book report my son has coming up, or the project that my daughter is about to embark upon.. because right now I am just trying to get through each day. I am trying, and trying, and no matter how hard I try I can't seem to get up for air. Doing the work of 3 people is a lot on a good day. Doing it day after day after... sucks the very life right out of you.

OK, enough of that pity party. November is here. November is our shortest month at school. It also means that Halloween is over. I hate Halloween as I've previously mentioned. I hate the class parties, the chaos and screaming kids, the sugar high's that have the kids climbing off the wall... need I go on? Then after all that, comes trick-or-treating. My job is simple. Hand out the candy. My friend, and neighbor down the street kept track this year of how many kids showed up at her house (and therefore mine).. she counted 186. Now keep in mind, that roughly 3 dozen kids live in our neighborhood, of all ages. Because it's a small town, we get ALL the kids. For some reason, the teen sect was out in droves this year. Last year I thought we had a lot, this year there were more. I have issues giving out candy to teens, but they dressed up so I gave it out. I mean if you're going to make an effort.. why not?

The raking is still half done, the fall cleaning is coming along slower than it ever has (thank goodness for day's off).. and soccer playoff's are Saturday. But the weather is nice for the first week of November, so of course I feel like I'm coming down with something. A cold perhaps, or maybe it's just plain exhaustion. With a scratchy throat. I'll take two and call in the morning.

1 comment:

Carly said...

I had 120 kids + a few (I bought 120 pieces of candy and then pillaged the stuff my own kids got.

You can read my rant on my blog

hope you feel better soon!!