Sunday, November 27, 2005

Patience my child..


Today is the first Sunday of Advent. For those of you not in the know, there are four Sundays before Christmas that make up the Advent Season, which is the time we prepare for Christmas. Each night, starting on the first day, a candle is lit and a prayer is said, as we get ready to celebrate the birth of Jesus. An advent wreath includes 3 purple candles, and a rose (or pink), and every week you add another candle until the 4th week when they are all lit together.

My children made this wreath, and I'm rather proud of them. Oh, don't get me wrong, they argued and bickered and I sure didn't feel spiritual as I thought about how I'd like to kill them, or at least hang them up by their toenails..but they did a good job. Tonight we will light the first candle before dinner, and reflect upon why we celebrate Christmas.

1 comment:

@wesome@bby said...

i LOVE the advent candle..one of my favorite parts of Christmas. we never did one at home, just the one at church on Sunday mornings, but you've given me an idea! Thanks! :)