Monday, June 26, 2006

For 40 Days. and 40 Nights....

Y'all, if it doesn't stop raining soon, I cannot be held responsible for my actions. I might have a nervous breakdown. I might hold up a liquor store. I might buy a cheap-o canoe and sing show tunes in the middle of the street. If you click that photo, you might make out that it was pouring. What I want you to notice, focus on even, is how effing GREEN everything in my yard is. The grass, the moss, the nut tree, the hedges. It's all green. Now don't get me wrong, I love green. It is my favorite color after all. And I don't like brown grass and dead leaves and all that... but give me a break already!!!


Focus more closely on the hedges. I've enclosed another photo of them for you. They are so overgrown I can't even stand it. I haven't been able to get out and trim them. The best weather we've had so far, was when I was at school. When I'm home, or the weekends, it's too damn wet to get out there and do it. I was going to tackle them tonight after dinner. Start at least.. but guess what? Yup, it poured again.. thunder and the whole bit. Now we are back to wet.

Apparently a black rain cloud has parked it's arse on top of the east coast, because it looks like rain all week. That porch I'm painting, yah.. can't paint an enclosed porch with a screen door on a muggy wet day. Once a week I manage to get the grass mowed between rain events, so at least the yard doesn't look like a total pit.

Whoever's hoarding the sun... give it up already!!!! Wouldn't you like a little rain???

No comments: