Tuesday, June 27, 2006

For the Love of Pete..

I have roughly two hours before I have to leave and go pick up the boy. The kids had physical's today, so that means lots of time spent in the car, between driving himself to work, picking him up and whatever errand I have to run. Mr. Man has his first eye exam Friday and so of course.. more of the same.

Two hours. I could paint my porch floor. Except it's muggy as all get out, and even though they say it won't rain until tonight.. does that look like a sky that holding off rain? No, I didn't think so either. I can't paint, with the chance that the rain will pour through the door. That and it will stay tacky forever.


So I thought, well... he's not home, and will kill me for firing up brand new hedge trimmers without him here to jest when I cut a. my hand or b. the extension cord (yes, I have, don't ask)... but I should start the hedges! So I went out, to have a look and see where I'd like to start.

And what do I find in my starting hedge.. but two hummingbirds having the time of their lives.(click the photo for a better view). Hummingbirds are fascinating creatures. I don't know if I have the heart to scare them off. So I think I'll take my hand clippers out and do the sides. Have to start somewhere, right?

No comments: