Wednesday, May 17, 2006

In Which we Find Some Random Things

It's Wednesday. You know the drill.

1. For the first time in 10 days, the sun made an appearance today. Not for the whole day. And not even for the whole time that it was here.. but it was enough. The weather guy did a little blurb on what sunshine was this morning on the news. You know we are all feeling a bit waterlogged when the weather guy is trying to be funny.

2. Thanks to this lucky break in the weather, we were able to hold our Vehicle Day at school. Every other year we host this day, as part of the school to career grant that we have. It gives the kids an opportunity to talk to people about what kind of vehicles they use in their jobs, and how they got to where they are now. Plus, they get to see some really cool vehicles (like a hummer limo, and a hearse, and that awesome helicopter) and what kid doesn't like that???


3. My sock, the one that has caused me such heartache? I'm done the leg, and am about to start the heel. Maybe not tonight, but probably tomorrow. I'll post a photo some other time. As much as I enjoyed the lacy pattern I was using when I started, I am enjoying how the stripe pattern of this particular yarn is working out. I just hope I can get the second one to mostly match. The way we are going, I might be wearing wool socks in June. My goal is to have them knit (both) by the end of the month. Mindless knitting.. mindless knitting.

4. My to-do list is growing faster than I can keep up with it. I'm hoping to get my spring cleaning started in full force this weekend, along with some help. I only have one tiny room done so far. This is pathetic, as it's almost the end of May. What is more pathetic is that I had to turn the heat back on in 2 of my rooms. Hopefully I'll be able to shut that off soon, although it didn't kick on today at all.

5. My lilacs are almost in bloom. I'll try and get a photo of those tomorrow. I love lilacs. I love the smell of them when they are all in blooms... and you walk outside and it just smells ... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... like spring. As a birthday treat to myself at the end of the month, I usually bring in a bunch to put in a jug on my wood-stove. Nothing says spring like lilacs.

No comments: