Saturday, December 17, 2005

A few holiday letters

Dear family,
I am sorry that I grouched at you on the way home today. I was a little peeved (ok, so more than a little) at your Grammie and you can't seem to spend an hour and a half in the backseat without making me rue the day you were born.. so sometimes I get grouchy. I'm much better now, but I'm still mad at Grammie.


Dear chocolate colored baby alpaca yarn,
I love your squishy goodness. You are the nicest yarn I have ever worked with, and I can't wait to see you wrapped around my boys neck keeping him warm. I am sorry that you are half finished in my knitting basket, but I was dead tired by the time I was ready to turn the rest of you into a knit-able ball last night, and I just didn't have time today. I plan to ball you up tonight, and hopefully have you knitted up soon.

Dear meatballs that are in my fridge waiting for tomorrow,
While I love your yummy goodness, and don't mind the smell of you simmering all day in the crock-pot... I hate how you smell during and after you've been in the oven. I don't know what it is, but every time I make you the smell makes me want to never make you again. We will enjoy your yummy goodness tomorrow. Thanks for sharing the holidays with us.

Dear brim of the hat I am making for Baub,
I am sorry that you are sitting in my knitting basket unfinished. I need to figure out how I am going to turn you into a hat by Saturday without size 8 DPN's. I think we'll pull out the cirs, and see how far we get, and then wing it. I am afraid of what this involves, and therefore have put my energy into finishing the scarf. Besides, the alpaca is much nicer to work with. Sorry.

Dearest Boy,
Thank you so much for helping me get things in order for tomorrow. I truly appreciate all that you did this evening after we got back from your grandmother's. I am sorry if all that craziness made me nutty, but it's like sensory overload and sometimes I just snap. Thanks for being all knowing and just doing what needed to be done. Somehow you read my mind, and I am thankful for your hard work. I apologize in advance for whatever craziness my wacky family brings to our lives tomorrow. I love you. Happy Holidays.

No comments: