Monday, December 12, 2005

The Moon shines down....


Thursday is a full moon. Unless you work with kids, this probably doesn't mean much to you. When you combine it with the fact that we have 8 more days of school until vacation, it's a very pressing bit of information. I took this photo last month during the full moon. The moon shines across the way over my neighbor's house. He works with kids too. We don't care for the full moon much. Except that it's gorgeous around here.

On other fronts, my Christmas knitting is almost done, my baking is almost finished, and the festivities started this past weekend.
On top of that I have a raging headache that is threatening to teeter over to migraine status, and my throat is sore from the dry scratchy air. (yup that's it.. I don't have time to be coming down with something, so I'm blaming the dry air.) I find it so hard to believe that Christmas is almost here again. Even harder to believe, is that 2005 is coming to a close. When did this happen? How did I miss it??

But it's snowing. Not a heavy snow, just a light gentle snow that started falling as I walked home from school today. So I leave you with one of my favorite winter quotes:

"There is a privacy about it which no other season gives you.... In spring, summer and fall people sort of have an open season on each other; only in the winter, in the country, can you have longer, quiet stretches when you can savor belonging to yourself. " ~Ruth Stout

2 comments:

Carly said...

Dry air... I hope that's it for me too. Can't be lack of sleep, now can it?

Thanks for the moon warning, my "best friend" is lurking somewhere soon too so I should be a JOY to deal with this weekend!!!!

Poor Mr. Carly

@wesome@bby said...

LOVE that quote; so true!

I have the "Dry Air" sympton right now, too, darn it.

Totally understand the full moon thing...been there, done that, don't wanna go back.

But...the picture is fantabulous.