Saturday, December 03, 2005

I Believe in Santa Claus

After a long day, I've apparently watched too many Christmas specials. ABC Family has a fabulous 25 Days of Christmas line up, and I'm currently watching The Year Without a Santa Claus (which has my favorite songs, "I'm Mr. Icicle, I'm Mr. 10 below..lalala) and enjoying every sappy minute of it. I tell you, it's not Christmas without these old shows.

I did score my very favorite movie today on DVD however, during my shopping travels (all the shopping is finished except the boys gifts for me, and that's on him.. hooray!). Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas on DVD, and it's the original 1977 version, not the edited one that started showing in the early 80's and is the one I have on VHS. I'm just tickled, but the boy says it was on his list of things to get me, so I feel a little bad about that.

This afternoon we all headed off to our local shopping haunt to shop for extended family. It's so nice not to have to do that all by yourself. We also got to hear The City Band playing Christmas songs, and one of my son's best friends is in that band and so it was exciting. We had a real nice afternoon,even if we were shopping.

The boy took this nice photo of one of our trees. You'll notice gifts under it. Those are gifts my dad dropped into my trunk on Thanksgiving. Apparently the shopping is better up here than Florida, and he got half done in just a few days, and decided the booty should arrive at my house before "Uncle Christmas" (Ms. Thang coined that term for the celebration with my family). My gifts for this celebration will be joining them tonight, or tomorrow, as that was the bulk of the shopping we had to do today. I don't know what's up with that light pattern, but he puts up the lights so we might have to talk about that.

1 comment:

@wesome@bby said...

Light pattern or not, your tree is still beautiful. :)