Monday, July 10, 2006

Back to the Grind..

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you've been taking." ~Earl Wilson

There are not enough hours in the day for my summer. Y'all.. there is no way I can work 5 hours, come home, eat lunch, do pidley things around the house, paint the porch, work on other projects, do laundry, do chores and still manage to hang out with my family. Oh, and do I have a garden to tend to and a sock I'm knitting? And what about that damn prayer shawl.

See, when I agreed to work this summer, it was going to be for half days. There is no way that 2.5 hours less than a normal work day equals a half day. Do the math. Doesn't add up When I finally got a chance to sit down today, it was after 9pm. 4 more weeks of this might just kill me. And did I mention my mom is coming in 3 weeks? If anyone hears me mention working next summer... you have my permission to bawl me out. Remind me that vacations are for relaxing.. and working during your vacation is not relaxing. And if you happen to be married to me and living in my house.. "I told you so" is so not called for here.

No comments: