Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Cuz I haven't Got Time For.....

Today I give you things I don't have time for right now. But the porch is coming along nicely. I've got one coat of primer and two coats of paint and have two or three more coats to go. Red isn't a fun color to paint with. But each coat gives a deeper, lovelier color and I can start to visualize what the final product will look like.

In the meantime, I have hardly been on my swing this year. It needs some new rope,and a good coat of water sealer.. and I miss it. The kids have been enjoying it. And the boy has been swinging when he's out using the grill. And I longingly look at it out the window. One day next week, I'm taking the afternoon off and doing NOTHING but fun things that I WANT to do, not have to do.
Yes, you can see the beginnings of the new gate in there. There's a rotten, miserable, long story about why the gate isn't up yet. Maybe I'll share it when it's finished. Right now it's too fresh.



I haven't spent very much time sitting outside enjoying my yard. My SIL gave me those cute lil planters for my birthday, and I love the inpatients that are plopped in them. The table sits right next to the grill, and you'd think I could spend some time out there with the boy while he grills dinner. Nope. Rushing to do this, hurrying to finish that before dinner. Trying to get the painting done... busy. Busy. Busy.

This whole work thing is really putting a kink in my productiveness. Did I mention that next summer I'm staying home?? (sigh)

This miserable mess used to be my vegetable garden. I've blogged already about the lack of sun and why it's not anymore.. but it was going to be a flower garden. I've slowly been picking out the flowers and mentally laying the whole thing out. It used to be a dirt garden. Because if nothing else, I weeded it and kept it decent looking.
Now it's just a mess of weeds and grass. I look at it, and am disgusted but my flower garden is weedy as well, and so is my herb garden, and guess which gardens get priority? Not the dirt garden.

This is my sock basket. See, I have started that second sock. I was working on it for an hour each morning while I watched GMA. I had hoped to have it finished by this weekend. Story of my life isn't it? I haven't picked it up once yet this week.

Then I have books that I'm trying to read and get back to the library, and cleaning, and laundry, and damn.. I think I have bills to pay. I need a maid. Or a vacation.

1 comment:

@wesome@bby said...

That swing looks like lots of fun! Take some time out soon to swing in it for me, k?