Saturday, December 04, 2010

The Wonder of it All...

December 4:Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year? (Author: Jeff Davis)

Maybe a better question would be, "Did you cultivated a sense of wonder in your life this year?" I have been thinking about this all day, as I saw the prompt this morning, and I don't know if I have an answer yet. The closest thing I can think of... is having small children in my life again. I have 2 teens, and for almost 12 years, they were the only children on both sides of our families. There were 2 yrs between when my nephew Max passed away and my niece Victoria was born. So for almost 14 years, my kids were it. Having my niece, and now a brand new baby right in time for the holidays, has been such a blessing. You forget how sweet and fun little children are, and what a blessing they are in your life. Hearing updates from my MIL, and my niece's mom, is really such a highlight for me. They live 1.5 hours away, which while it isn't *THAT* far, in the craziness and chaos that is my life.. we don't get to see them as often as we'd like. We have a visit planned over the holiday break, and I cannot wait. There's just something about a little hand gripped around yours, or a small child's head resting on your shoulder that just puts everything right with the world.(yes I made the hat.. there is a matching red/white sweater to go along with it, in the spirit of the holidays)

No comments: