Wednesday, December 01, 2010

To Sum It All Up.....

This month, in an effort to blog more, and reflect back on my year better, I've signed up for Reverb 10. It's an annual event designed to help you focus on where you've been through the year, and think about what's coming next. Right up my ally. Each day of this month, I am dedicated to posting an answer to the prompt, and because ya'll know that photography is my first love, I will be posting pictures from my daily December 2010 life. Win-Win if you ask me. So, here goes. Day 1.

December 1 One Word.
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?
(Author: Gwen Bell)

Long time readers of my blog will know that I participate in Ali Edward's One Little Word project each year. I usually start out the year really strong, and then as it goes on, and life gets more busy, my word falls to the wayside. My word for this year was BALANCE. I went back and read the blog post from when I shared my word. My goal was to take a hard look at my life, and see if I could find a balance between the busy and the every day. Looking back on this past year, I think I have fallen short of my goal, but for the first time in a few years of having a word, I didn't fail altogether.

If I had to pick a word, however, to sum up the whole year, I would choose Chaotic. This has been a busy, crazy year. Starting in January with rehearsals for the HS show Ms. Thang was in during March, to the Destination Imagination stuff Mr. Man was involved in during the spring, to the busy end of the year season with parades and events and rolling right into a summer where I worked right up until 3 days before school started... to the madness that is fall marching season and now here we are into the holidays. It has been a whirlwind and I cannot even believe the year is almost over. I have a friend/co-worker whom I think thrives on busy and chaos. She's a whirlwind herself, and is always involved with something and on the go, busy, busy! She thrives in that sort of environment. Me, not so much. Or maybe it's just that I don't have enough down time to balance it all. There's that word again. I might have to re-use it next year, and see, if at the beginning of December, it can be the word that sums up 2011.

No comments: