Saturday, December 18, 2010

Do or Do Not. There is NO Try.

photo from last night: ready for the semi-formal
December 18: Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did/didn't go for it? (author: Kaileen Elise)

It seems I always have a list of things that I want to do and try, and not enough time to get to them all. Next year I want to start snowshoeing on a regular basis. I hate winter, and I think if I had an outdoor activity that involved snow that I enjoy, it might make it more tolerable. I want to learn how to make a quilt. I'd love to be able to buy a decent bike and start biking on the days I don't run. I want to try my  hand at spinning yarn. I want to try and run a full marathon. Will I get any of these things done? I don't know.

This year I ran a half marathon. I learned to sew. I went away with husband for our anniversary. I learned how to be a better friend. I tried to be a better mom/wife and while I may have made a bit of progress at both of those things, I'm not sure I succeeded at either. Next year, I will try better.

No comments: