Thursday, December 02, 2010

No Truer Words Were Ever Penned....

December 2Writing. What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it? (Author: Leo Babauta)

Most of the writing that I do these days, is here, on my blog. As you can see from my lousy posting totals for this entire year, it's not much, if anything at all. I spent an early morning shower thinking about this the other day (I do my best thinking in the shower, it's quiet), and realized that Facebook has been the downfall of my blog. Before, if I had something to say, or pics to share, I came here. I blogged my pics, and my stories and shared what I was thinking and feeling in one post, and moved on. Then I discovered Facebook, with it's status updates and photo albums, and my blog went quiet. See, Facebook is fast and easy. One quick line, or less than 2 mins, and you can have an update, a video with a link, and/or a new photo album created. Blogging takes a little more time. You have to format your thoughts, type them all up, add the pics (and Blogger's been a bugger about this on my end as of late) and then publish it. I can send status updates from my cell phone. Creating a post about what's on my mind from my phone seems a little long, and tedious. I wasn't proud of this realization, nor am I proud of the amount of time I am sure that I waste on any of the various computer actives that I embark upon each day.  Do I want to give any of them up however? No. What I do want to do, is use that time more productively. Do what I intended to do, then close the cover of my laptop and go do something else. That's the thing I need to work on the most. Shutting the cover.

No comments: